Friday, September 2, 2011

Warning! Controversial Subject Matter!

   There are so many things running around in my head tonight. Can't settle on just one to share. So it looks like it's gonna be a multiple subject evening.

   First on my mind is religion. To me it's an intensely personal subject, and I really resent those persons who constantly feel the need to drag me into their cult. Of course, if I resist, I will burn in hell for all eternity. After all, everyone knows that their way is the ONLY right way. I just shake my head. Those closest to me know my views and which side of the broom my feelings fall on.

   I recently came to the realization that one particular religious figure was actually a zombie. Think about it! He died. He was dead for three days. On the third day, he rose. The only thing that is being left out (or covered up) is that he was feasting on the locals when he emerged from that cave. That is the textbook definition of a zombie, people!

   This past week, I was in Stop n Shop to pick up a few things. There was an older man there, giving out free newspapers. He struck up a conversation, and after I said "Yes, I'd love a free paper!", He started asking me about my hair loss, if it was from Chemo. I told him no, it wasn't. He then asked for my hand, and was rubbing his thumb in my palm as he prayed to Jesus to heal me. I thought about telling him my views on that subject, but I decided he would be more likely to tell me that if I really felt that way, my illness was a punishment from God! What the heck, it made him feel like he did a good deed, and didn't hurt me any. To tell the truth, I actually felt better after that. HA just kidding!

   There are people on facebook who are always saying things like: "With Jesus, my life is complete!" I have to force myself to not respond. But my personal feeling is this: If you were so complete, you wouldn't need Jesus... People who are like that are lacking something vital in their lives, they need something more, something bigger than themselves. There is nothing bigger than the Universe! Is that big enough for ya?

   Moving on... Today was our Stitch n Bitch! Nobody was there but Laura and myself. Her son Gene baked a birthday cake for me, complete with candle, and they even sang the birthday song to me! We had a great time!  We even got some knitting done. It was a nice way to spend a few hours. Many thanks to Laura, she is such a great hostess.

   There are more things on my mind, but I think that's enough for today. I have no wish to offend anyone else. And if I have offended you, maybe it's time to re-evaluate your beliefs. Open your minds, people. That is all.....  
  
  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the compliment. We really enjoyed ourselves.

    I agree with you 100% on the religious bit as we've also spoken about it. I know proselytizing is part of some religions but I do believe if anyone feels the need to proselytize and convince another person, they're not very sure of their beliefs themselves.

    I also stand firmly by the adage that when one is ready, the teacher (or the lesson!) will come. It won't come from someone shoving it down one's throat. And this applies to all facets of learning, not just religion and maybe never religion. Some do not need spiritual guides, teachers or organized religion.

    Anyways, love ya!

    ReplyDelete