Tuesday, September 13, 2011

In Which I Find A Muse...

   Yesterday I couldn't think of any topic worth mentioning. Today was leaning the same way, when low and behold, something happened. But first a little background...

   A week ago this past Friday our TV developed a case of the measles, little white spots on the screen. At first it was just a couple, and gradually multiplied. By this morning , there were over 30 little white spots. We were dealing with it.

   Then this afternoon, while dinner was cooking, and I was on the computer, I heard the noise that the TV makes when it shuts off. I looked around, and the cat hadn't stepped on the remote. It wouldn't turn back on. It had a completely black screen. There are three little lights at the bottom right of the TV, and they were blinking.

   What started out as the measles, has progressed to the Black Death... When Hubs got home, of course, he wasn't happy. But he got out the manual, and found the receipt. It turns out that when we bought it, Hubs had purchased the protection plan. And surprise, surprise, it was still in effect! So Hubs called them, and someone will be here on Friday, between 12 and 5.

   In the meantime, I am without a TV, at least during the day. I think I can make it, I usually have it on just for the noise. I can sit here and read, or work on one or more of my current projects! I might even get something finished!

   By the way, I have decided that when I have finished the hurricane-ghan, or at least when it's supposed to be finished, I am going to take a close look at it, and decide if it needs to be wider, because it's longer than usual. I am almost there, so it should be soon.

   I have to confess that I didn't work on anything knitted or crocheted today. Hubs was mad at me this morning because I didn't go to Fishkill with him. I had my own stuff to do! I would hear about it if he had no clean clothes to wear to work, right? And the groceries don't buy themselves, right? Also, I have the hurricane-ghan folded in half, and rolled up. If Hubs came home and saw it was open, he could accuse me of working on it all day. So I purposely didn't work on it.

   But I did start on a new project... I am going to make smaller versions of the hurricane-ghan for Gordie's granddaughters. I realized I would need to make two exactly the same, so they wouldn't fight over them.  I have enough, I think, of this cool yarn in a southwest colorway. So I started one. If I need a couple more skeins, I can get them easily enough. Unless I hear from Gordie that they wouldn't like that colorway.
  
   So that is my excitement for today. More than enough for the week, wouldn't you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment