Friday, September 9, 2011

In Which We Eat The Bitch Cake

   It was nice celebrating my birthday this morning with my knitting friends! Kim had ordered a cake, and it was supposed to have "Happy Birthday to the worlds biggest bitch!" written on it, but that was too long! Here's what we ended up with:


 
    It was a red velvet cake. Yum. Most of our little group was able to make it, which was nice! We all worked on our current knitting projects after we ate.

   I asked Kim to bring a 24" size 13 circular needle that I could borrow, so I could start work on daughters black semi-sparkular shawl. I actually started it after I got home. While I was there I worked on a smaller version of the same shawl that I'm working on for myself. Kim was casting on a new shawl, needing more than 300 stitches to start with. When we left, she was unsuccessful. She has trouble counting, I think. She tells me that she can never get the same count twice! No matter how many times she counts.
  
   She was still trying to count the stitches hours later, when I met her at karate class. Her daughter is a 1st degee black belt, and a student, my son is a 3rd degree black belt, and her instructor. Anyway, she ended up pulling it all out, and casting it all on again... and she still didn't get the right count. I felt really bad for her. She did ask me to count for her, but I said no. It was too noisy in there, and too much was going on. I wouldn't be able to concentrate. She ended up leaving class saying she was gonna pull it all out again, and try another time at home. I hope she was successful!

   After Stitch n Bitch this morning, I went to the Awesome Store, and bought some more soup mixes. Some for me and some for gifts. I believe some friends have their own birthdays coming up....

   Totally off topic, but can anyone tell me why some people feel it's absolutely necessary to make their bed every day? I just don't get it. It's not like the photographer from Better Homes and Gardens is coming to take photos or anything.... My mom is one of those people, and I have always asked why should I make my bed? I'm just gonna get back in it later tonight!!

   I know it's the ultimate in laziness, but Hubs and I actually have "house clothes". It's basically loungewear that we wear all day, unless we leave the house. Then we get dressed in real clothes. Are we the only ones that do this? Then when we get home again, we put our house clothes back on. It is just so much more comfortable to be in our house clothes! We both feel that we can't really relax until we have them on.

   Now it's almost time for one of my shows, so I'm gonna say goodnight. I hope everyone has a good night, maybe I will get to blog again over the weekend. Hubs is off this weekend, so we may be busy. You never know!

   Nod Not!!

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday WAS fun! Kim could try using stitch markers, right? Just for casting on so many stitches. Or maybe she's already done so.

    Bed-making, which you and I have discussed. I just like the idea of getting into a neat bed. I don't know why. Even if I don't make it, I like to tuck the bottom sheet in tighter and fluff the top sheet and pillows. It's weird. If I don't make the bed, husband will straighten it out, if I don't get to it first.

    Download the free Michael's app on your phone and it gives you coupons on your phone that they can scan at the register. I did this today and got 40% off the most expensive item. Got some cute Halloween decorations- a couple of spooky/funny votive holders, a pumpkin pie spice candle with a fleur de lis holder, a creepy black tree with miniature ornaments, frames for some prints I got in Alaska, and a Purl!!!! She's a witchy Purl and I would've bought more for all of us but she was the only one. :( Maybe they'll get more in. She was only 3.99!

    I did not buy any yarn but now I'm going to knit! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete