Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In Which I Get Back To Work!

  After taking a few days off because I was under the weather, Today is the day I am able to get back to work on the Decker Afghan Set! That includes the Hurricane-ghan, the Grandma-ghan and the two granddaughter-ghans! The second kids ghan is very nearly done, I'm in the home stretch, only eight more rows to go!

   I am going to try my darnedest to fit all four ghans in one box, to cut down on shipping costs. I have a space bag cube that I'm not using, so I thought I'd fold them all up nicely, put them in the space bag cube, and suck all the air out. Then I can see what size box will be best to ship them to Texas.

   No one has yet answered my question, which is "Why would anyone in Texas, where they still have 100+ degree heat, want nice warm hand crocheted afghans?" I guess it really doesn't matter in the long run, since I got to de-stash a whole lot of my yarn in the process of making these afghans! YAY! Gotta love a good de-stash!

   I have to say, it totally creeps me out when a car I don't know pulls up in front of my house and just sits there! There's an SUV out there now, and I have no idea who it belongs to. One day last week, I heard a car pull up, so I looked out the window. I saw the front end of a SUV, it looked silver to me. I sat here keeping an eye on it for a long time, before I realized it was actually the front of Hubs' truck! I was freaking out, getting ready to call the police! How silly did I feel! Whew, the current SUV is gone.

   There is room for three cars in front of my house, and that's good, since we have three vehicles! My Jeep always gets the front spot, on the far side of the entrance to the yard. It sits under the tree. Whoever gets home first gets the middle spot, and he who is last home gets the end spot.  There is room behind the Jeep, because of the sidewalk and steps, for the middle car to get out. It works out perfectly!

   I have been asking Hubs for a while now, to trim a branch off my tree, I have a sign that I bought at Michael's with my birthday gift card, that I want to hang there. After all, I am the only one who parks there.






1 comment:

  1. Again, love those signs!

    As far as afghans and warm, snuggly afghans being used by inhabitants in hot states, sometimes you want a warm, snuggly afghan. It might be chilly with the a/c on so you might want a warm, snuggly afghan to keep you warm. You might not feel great and want a warm, snuggly afghan. It might be raining out and you might be lying on the couch, all cozy, watching a movie, and you might want that warm snuggly afghan. Finally, I must add that we used a down comforter in Mississippi (in the winter, of course!) Nothing can be colder than NY winters (at least south of the Arctic Circle) and for this, you will need a warm, snuggly afghan, but for those who do not know the wrath of NY winters or climes colder, a chilly evening might necessitate a warm, snuggly afghan just because their blood is thinner!

    ReplyDelete