Thursday, September 29, 2011

   First I want to say that I finally finished Sara's shawl. It is really lovely and I hope she likes it! It was in the washing machine today, when I received a phone call from my mom. She apologized for bothering me, and let me know she needed me to come and take her to the Urgent Care Center in her medical group building.

   The first three people she called were busy. I have only once before had to take her for this kind of visit. And that one was taking her home from the ER, in an ice storm. She and Sara had gotten a ride there from Sara's friend's dad.

   Since my Jeep still has the top down, and it was pouring today, I had to take Hubs' truck. I woke him up and explained what was going on. I was just worried about getting his truck back to him in time for him to go to work. By the time I got her to the UCC, it was 2:05. I have to say, they got her in and looked at pretty quickly. She is almost 79 years old, next month is her birthday. She has been in excellent overall health all her life, so for her to be in this much pain was very frightening for her.

   They took some blood, and sent her for an ultrasound. It turns out she has gall stones. She will have to go see her regular doctor next week, to see about treatment. She was also prescribed a pain killer.  So it seems it's not fatal! I dropped her off at her apartment, and headed home. On the way, Hubs called me; he had our son's car, and wanted to meet me somewhere to exchange vehicles. We met, and off he drove to work. He wasn't even late!

   I drove Jesse's car to the karate school where he teaches. And as my friend would be coming soon for her daughter to take a class, I waited for her, knowing she would give me a ride home after the class.

   I eventually made it home, and finally was able to get back to the laundry I left six hours earlier. Now one Decker-ghan is in a bag, two are in the dryer, with Sara's shawl, and the hurricane-ghan is in the washer!

   The good news is that I got to KIP today! First in the waiting room with mom, then again at the karate school. So I got some work done on my shawl too! And that's always a good thing.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment