Friday, September 30, 2011

TV Adventures Part 2, Mom Part 2

   Today, at my husbands request, I placed another call to our intrepid TV repair persons. I was told that the original part they ordered didn't fix the problem, so they ordered another part and are still waiting for it to come in. They have had our TV for fourteen days.

   This time I mentioned that the DLP chip was bad and needed to be replaced. The man I spoke to asked me how I knew. I told him about the little white multiplying dots on the screen, and that Hubs had done some research on it, and that it was the DLP chip gone bad. The repair man told me that they would have to wait until the TV was working again, to be able to turn it on, and see the white dots for themselves. Then they would order the DLP chip and replace it, if needed.

    I was going to really let loose and vent here today, but after Hubs got up, I got a call from my mom. She had gotten a call from the doctor she saw yesterday at the Urgent Care Center in our Medical Group's building. This nice lady doctor told mom she should go to the ER immediately, as there was a problem with the results of the blood work from yesterday. Some level of something was not good, her liver and kidneys are not functioning properly. The doctor went on to tell her that she probably has an infection of some kind.

   Poor mom sounded scared when I talked to her. Luckily her friend John was visiting at that time, and he would take her right to the ER. Once there, if she tells them at the ER, they are supposed to call this doctor from yesterday, and she will fax the test results to the ER doctors. She promised to kep me updated. I haven't heard anything yet. My mother has always been very healthy, I don't think she has ever been seriously ill in her whole life. Except for the polio she had as a child, and she had no lasting ill effects from that! I think it was polio, I could be wrong about that.

   I just hope that John thinks to tell them at the ER that he is her son, so he can go in with her when she gets treated. I don't think she would want to be alone. John is about my age, so he could be her son. He lived in the house next door to her when she lived in Wappingers, and they became friends. He has been a really good friend to her! And he lives a lot closer to her than my brother or myself.

   So I just wait to hear what's going on. On a different note, I got some knitting done today, between loads of my son's laundry. So my shawl is coming along! See, I somehow manage to work crafting in...

  (PLEASE let mom be ok, please let mom be ok...)

2 comments:

  1. Sitting here and worrying with you, Mother...
    -- Sara <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping your mom in my prayers! So concerned. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete