Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's Been A Lazy Week!

   It really has been a lazy week! I have been afraid to leave the house, in case the TV repair people call to tell me that my TV is ready to be brought back to me! I have done tons of laundry, and with every trip up and down those stairs, I'm carrying my cell phone and the house phone, in case they call. Yesterday, as I was waiting for the doctor's office to call me back, I went down to move laundry around, and instead of the house phone, I had the TV clicker in my hand! DUH! I can't answer the clicker when the phone rings!

   I have also made significant progress on Mrs. Gilroy's shawl in the past two days! Since it's crocheted, it's going really quickly. I am excited, because soon I will be able to get back to the granddaughter's afghans. One is finished, just have to finish the second one. They are for my friend in Texas, who told me that his granddaughters will try to steal his hurricane-ghan, so could I please make them each one? I had lots of a particular yarn in my stash, so it was off to the races! He actually helped me to de-stash! My Hubs likes when I de-stash!

   And the hurricane-ghan is still sitting there. I haven't mailed it off to Texas yet, heck, I haven't even washed it yet! I wanted to do all three together, and mail them all together. I only need to find a box big enough. I even have a nearly finished afghan for his wife! I just have to get it back from my other stash at Bonny's house. Strange, but it's even the same pattern as the others! I told you it was my favorite!

   Did you catch that? The fact that I have an entirely different yarn stash at someone else's house? Well, I do. Two years ago, when we re-financed our mortgage, they wanted to come in and inspect the house. Hubs told me that my stash had to go. I took it all over to Bonny's house, and it's been there ever since! Of course, she uses some yarn if she needs it, and that's OK! I now have more yarn here at home than I did before I took my old stash to Bonny's!!

   Even though it's Thursday, I'm gonna do a WIP like it was Wednesday. 1) Mrs. Gilroy's crocheted shawl, 2) My knitted triangle shawl, 3) my knitted rectangle shawl, 4) the 2nd crocheted granddaughter-ghan, and 5) the nearly finished Mrs. Decker-ghan that's still at Bonny's house. I think that's all of them!

   I broke down and called the TV repair shop this morning, because I *really* needed to go grocery shopping! They said it would be another 24 - 48 hours as they are waiting on a part. So I got to go grocery shopping. Then I went to the Post Office and got the mail. Because I am the only one who can. Uh-huh. Just like I am the only one who can change the cat box... Oh, no, do not get me started!

   Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Last Friday, when they took my TV, the very nice man said he would get it back to me in "two to three days". That was SIX days ago. It's a darn good thing I have such a positive attitude, huh? Here's what the TV wall in my living room looks like right now:

 
  That tiny little TV is 19 inches. Our regular TV fills that whole space. We feel like we need a magnifying glass to watch TV this week! Well, at least we have a spare...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment