Saturday, September 10, 2011

Busy Day Today -or- In Which I get No Crafting Done!

   Shortly after getting up this morning, I was asked by my beloved Hubs to accompany him to the Fishkill house. He had been undecided whether or not to go to bed (he had worked all night), and a call from his friend decided him. Brent and Dave were working at the Fishkill house, and Hubs wanted to go and help, or get in the way... which is the more likely outcome.

   He wanted me to go with him, in case he got too tired to drive. Then I could drive us home. It made sense to me, so I packed up my knitting gear, camera, and medicine, and went along for the ride.

   At first I believed him, that we wouldn't be there for more than a short time. But we ended up spending lots of time at Home Depot, picking out a new bathtub, surround, and some other stuff the guys needed to continue work on the house. They were tearing out the downstairs half bath when we got there. I took a look, and there was a big hole in that bathroom floor, looking down into the basement, and the same hole in the ceiling, looking up into the upstairs bathroom. They were getting ready to replace all the plumbing with PVC.

   By the time we finally made it home, it was late afternoon. And I had my own errands to run! I did some work on the computer in the den, printed out my papers, and took off to see Oldest Son and Daughter-in-Law. After a brief visit there, I was on my way to see beloved Eldest Child! She had a birthday gift for me, and I needed to go pick it up. She wasn't home, she was out getting a new family kitten, company for Nermal.

   So I didn't get to linger there, either! I decided to go to Adams, near EC's house, as I had a few things to pick up. To my surprise, there was actually a parking space available! So I went in and got my fixings for dinner, as we had left so early this morning, that I hadn't taken anything out of the freezer for dinner.

   I made dinner after I got home. Beef and noodles. And we actually ate it all. Of course, Jess was home, so I wasn't surprised. Now comes the sad part of my story. I. Didn't. Get. To. Knit. ALL. DAY. I am completely bummed about that, it feels like a whole wasted day! Even though a lot of things got done, and there was progress on the house, I am bummed because I didn't get any further on any of my craft projects!

   Hubs has finally gone to bed, he had been up something like 28 hours. He wants me to wake him up tomorrow morning. I am going to let him sleep for a while, if I can. He deserves it. I guess I could work on the hurricane-ghan now, but I'm too tired, and when I'm tired, I make stupid mistakes. So it will have to wait until tomorrow, while Hubs is gone, playing with his friends with his new bow. I wish I had two or even three sets of hands, so I could work on more than one thing at a time!

    Well, as they say, tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment