Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How And Why The Blogging Began!

   I have been thinking for a while about why I blog. It is strange to me, because I am basically such a shy and private person. I can hear Denise laughing, she doesn't think I'm shy. I think I hide it well.  And private? Yes, very private! There is so much I will not talk about. I never really thought I would share any parts of my life on this level.

   I can tell you that it all started with Twitter. I belong to Twitter, and from the beginning, have found the length restriction extremely binding. I am so sick and tired of editing my tweets down to 140 characters. I just have too much to say! Now I hardly ever tweet, but I do go on and read what my friends are tweeting.

   I also belong to facebook. Even there, I have gone over the length restrictions a few times. WTF? Back to editing my posts.  I am also a member of Google+, a new-ish social media thing. I haven't yet hit the wall on that site. I usually only go there to play Angry Birds. But now I'm stuck on a different level that I talked about earlier, and not getting anywhere.

   One day, I was on Google+, and saw a button for creating a blog. I thought "What the hell?", so I clicked on it, and designed a blog, and here I am today. The hardest part was thinking of a name for it! Now, I know that there are like 10 people who read it, including the four who actively belong to the site. I check every day to see of anyone leaves comments. So far only one person has, my friend Laura. It makes me happy to think that someone reads and likes what I have to say!

   But I am hoping that there will be others who will leave comments, so the other day I went into the settings place, and changed it so anyone can leave comments! I hope this will encourage some of you to tell me what you think. I will ask that you put your name on the end of the comments so know who you are, especially if I actually know you! @Robin, I figured out it was your comment from your fb message!

   So, if you dare, try to imagine what I'm NOT talking about. Sometimes there are hints. I have always tried to let people get to know me before I reveal certain things about myself. Comment and leave me suggestions on what you want me to talk about! So far, I think I'm doing pretty good, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment